Monday, September 15, 2008

Trial run of my solar-powered bike light

For a three-week cycling trip to Gaspésie with Benoît, I brought a solar-powered bike light that you can see charging on my left-side of my handlebars in the photo. Since we didn't do any riding at night on that trip, I didn't really use my light as it was meant to be used. Instead, I would charge the light as I rode during the day, and I would use it as a flashlight/reading light in the tent at night. For such tent use, I'd love to have a head-strap accessory for it, so that I could wear it as a head lamp instead of having to tuck it under my chin.

I also brought a compass that I slipped inside my map holder. The compass came in very handy once -- when the Route Verte signs got very confusing and left us wondering if we were still heading south.

No comments: